This Highlands distillery has a complicated history, having changed names and swapped locations numerous times throughout its lifespan. Originally founded in 1819 under the name Clynelish, the distillery was built to pull whisky out of the hands of smugglers. It was purchased in 1896 by a Glasgow-based blending company, and the distillery was entirely rebuilt.
Later on, in 1967, the distillery moved across the road from the original location – the new build was set to become the Clynelish distillery, with the older venue christened Brora when it opened in 1969.
Renowned for supplying Johnny Walker with single malts for use in its blended whiskies, this distillery has become a much-loved favourite in the Highlands.